New advanced PAM software boosts the efficiency of production teams
Barcelona, SPAIN — 28 August, 2017
At IBC 2017 (Booth 7.D25), innovation and media solutions provider VSN is launching a new version of its advanced Production Asset Management (PAM) tool.
Integrated within VSN’s flagship media and business process management product, VSNExplorer, the new advanced PAM software provides comprehensive project visibility and streamlines the management of workflows and material, enabling production departments to become more efficient and collaborative.
“The latest version of our advanced PAM software gives production teams continuous control of ongoing projects, while enabling them to organize metadata and assets into different categories, all from a single interface,” said Jordi Capdevila Espitia, marketing director of VSN. “Providing visibility into all production stages and workflows, this tool enables users to quickly check on a task’s status and project owners, detect bottlenecks and even publish and send media directly to social media channels.”
Prior to the introduction of this functionality into the VSNExplorer PAM, users were unable to quickly review all ongoing projects, workflows and production stages.
The new advanced VSNExplorer PAM tool is an easy-to-use, intuitive tool that provides features and capabilities designed for today’s time-constrained production teams, including:
- Easy browsing and discovery of metadata and assets through a hierarchical tree view
- Custom and at-a-glance management of all tasks, whether completed or in progress
- User permission management, for more effective visibility, control and collaboration
- Asset creation within the interface, including new VSN Explorer Wedit assets
- Downloadable EDL files, to complete video editing in any third-party NLE system
- Tracking of assets across multiple media storage accounts, regardless of location
- Selection of multiple customized views (kanban, table, list, etc) for easy information display
Given consumer demands for ever-more content, there is a corresponding need for production teams with limited resources to become more agile and efficient. Developed 100 percent in HTML5 to avoid the need for extra operating software to run it, this lightweight and nimble advanced PAM tool interfaces not only with internal modules, such as VSN’s brand-new Wedit tool for web video editing, but also with external NLEs, social media channels, archival services, programming partners, quality check systems and more. Designed for use specifically within production environments, whether for news or TV shows, it enables production teams to accomplish more, interact more effectively and save time.
More information about VSN and its products is available at https://www.vsn-tv.com/en/ or by phone at +34 93 734 99 70