Bridge Technologies Co AS
Booths 1.F68 & 14.J05
Bridge Technologies to Announce Solutions for Managing Network Complexity at IBC
OSLO, Norway – 8 August 2016
In addition to unveiling a number of new products that set unique standards of scalability, ease of use and portability in the monitoring, management and optimisation of IP networks, Bridge Technologies will continue to showcase its ability to help its customers ensure high-quality, profitable digital media service delivery in broadcast, cable, satellite, OTT and telecoms applications.
“At IBC, we’ll be demonstrating several exciting new products as well as our award-winning range of solutions that are compatible with all major industry standards, ruggedised for reliability in challenging environments, and built for low-energy operation,” said Simen K. Frostad, Chairman, Bridge Technologies. “We’re looking forward to showing visitors how we can help them to manage complexity, to achieve greater efficiency and to improve service quality.”
“Our development team has created unprecedented new technology achievements this past 12 months that give the industry a complete, coherent system solution for any media need from the broadcast studio to the user’s home,” continued Frostad. “We are very excited to be showing this at IBC.”
The new products and capabilities Bridge Technologies will announce at IBC include:
- Responding to the growing need for ever-higher network capacity, a new, ultra-high bandwidth probe that will deliver up to 4x the performance of current generation high-bandwidth probes.
- An extension of the company’s Virtual IP probe range
- The addition of important new capabilities, designed to support the transition in the broadcast industry, across its complete probe range.
NEW Generation of all-in-one Probe:
- A highly affordable prosumer/broadcast portable probe that is lightweight and compact and that provides a full range of IP-OTT-DVB signal monitoring and analysis.
- Ultra high-finish, unparalleled ruggedness, exceptional form factor
- All modern interfaces built into one autonomous device for every modern digital media engineering need
NEW Objective QoE Technologies:
- An expansion of Bridge’s leading Objective QoE capability that will encompass all media standards and deliver even greater accuracy with the inclusion of the most modern mathematics and OpenSource advances in image perception metrics, once and for all solving the need of automated QoE in the industry.
- Showcasing the highest capacity IP-Analytics platform ever for next-generation IP infrastructure deployment today.
Bridge Technologies will also showcase:
Remote Data Wall (RDW)
The Remote Data Wall (RDW) provides a more powerful way to create a customised ‘flight deck’ of data instruments through an easy-to-use widget toolkit. The RDW, which won NewBay Media’s Best of Show Award at NAB 2016 for its technology, is a versatile and adaptable tool for creating a monitoring display in the control centre that can be accessed from any securely connected location.
Timeline data analysis stores all the data collected through the monitoring system (and other sources if connected) for up to two years of operation, and allows engineers to review historical data in detail at any time in a multi-track timeline display similar to a non-linear editing system.
The ability to play through data recorded over a period of several months or years allows users to see recurring patterns that may be invisible over a shorter timescale.
After an ‘acute’ event such as a service failure, for example, the engineering team can use Timeline to review all the data gathered by the entire monitoring system to analyse the chain of events that led up to the failure and generate reports for remedial action or the fulfillment of SLA obligations.
Omega is a newly-introduced service that provides customers with a number of key opportunities. These include remote hands-on technical support; in-depth education; automated off-site data backup; system-wide automated software updates; and a planning and provisioning consultancy package.
For each customer, Omega provides a direct connection with a dedicated Bridge Technologies expert who is fully knowledgeable about the customer’s configuration and can intervene remotely to resolve problems.
Recognising that, occasionally, customers suffer a knowledge deficit – especially in the fast-moving world of digital media technology – Omega also provides customer engineers with the opportunity to receive in-depth education that supports improved strategic decision-making.
The automated services component of Omega is a continuous, proactive examination that collects statistics from the customer system, and performs predictive analytics on system health. This allows Omega staff to make recommendations on system optimisation that can help eliminate problems before they occur.
Bridge Technologies creates advanced solutions for protecting service quality in the digital media and telecommunications industries. The company’s award-winning monitoring/analysis systems, intelligent switchers and virtual environments help deliver over 20,000 channels to more than 900 million subscribers in 94 countries. From head-end satellite ingress to microanalytics in the home network, Bridge Technologies offers patented innovation and true end-to-end transparency. A privately held company headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Bridge Technologies has worldwide sales and marketing operations through a global business partner network.
Learn more – www.bridgetech.tv
Tel: +31 71 523 82 10